Spider and Smudge

Spider and Smudge
Relax mode, Smudge and Spider Copyright:K J Woodward

Another day of adventure with a new beginning!!!

Saturday 27th February
A cute dog in the street of Wyndham.
.
Well hello there!!!
Well I would like to begin with saying that life works in wonderful and wacky ways
I was all but ready to put in an offer on the Wyndham property but I got thinking and slept badly Thursday night with thoughts churning through my head.

Leaving Canberra at 7.30 am was a well acomplished feat with my mum driving and my dad in the front seat, I have to admit having my mum and dad to myself felt special, there was magic at work today and it was apparent in how the day unfolded.

Arriving In Wyndham at 10.30 gave us time to check out the village and I stopped in at the school and had a chat to the office manager. We had a coffee at the local cafe and chatted with the co -owner of the store and he mentioned the logging trucks.

Viewing the property at 11.30 started with my dad, mum and I entering without the agent as he was late. The logging trucks were driving dangerously fast and loud along the road near the property. One concern we decided to make a priority today was investigating the power lines and the EMS danger (radiation risk). Brian my dad was very thorough and when the agent arrived he grilled him. Brian discovered some major probs with the house such as a lack of white ant protection and some sagging of parts of the floor. Meanwhile my dad went back to car to get some note paper and I fell over into a garden and ended up legs sprawling and arms flailing, I admitted I was most embarrassed.

When we left the property my dad atold me he was a little over dramatic in his criticisms but told me that I should offer a considerably lower price if I still considered the property.
Driving and stopping in Merimbula for lunch saw us looking in a real estate just to see if we could find a property to compare. Further investigation led us to Bega (one third back home) and to check out land  advertised in the real estate there.

One property warranted a visit if only to discount it as it was not painted in an appealing light by the real estate agent (mostly cleared land). Deciding to drive back and check it out from a distance was an incredible idea, though not a huge appeal to me at the time, I just wanted to get back home. This property was also in Wyndham, off the main road, so no logging trucks. The agent told us there was a tenent living there so we would not be able to view it, as we drove up the unsealed road we were approached by a guy with two old dogs, turns out he was the owner. He ended up giving us a tour, a really nice guy and kinda cute too. A settlement sale and willing to drop his price and not through the real estate probably. The price of this place being almost $80.000 less than the other property.

Older pic,  house is more finished since.

Horse stables.
Kitchen area.


Bird aviary.

Yes it's more cleared but there are a lot of pluses, a bird aviary, stables, no power lines (solar is great). Have a look at the photos and see what you think. The experince has led me to be more open minded about looking at properties closer to my parents as well not rushing and making snap decisions.
I will really cherish the day I spent with my mum and dad, a day to remember and smile lots about!!!!!

Walking near the creek and then near the property boundary.

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a great day with your parents!..And very good to have your parents opinions, questions, advice on such a big decision...I think you should be open, listen to your instincts and do what feels right to you=don't rush, just allow it to fall into place and it will happen the way it is supposed to...Trust yourself and you will make the right decision.

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

An excellent exercise in self awareness too Kara! Digging deep and taking a third party look at self as well as the property. :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know you will end up making the right choice! I hope you have a wonderful and stress-free weekend!

Kea said...

Yes, life does unfold in interesting ways, doesn't it? Definitely take your time and as Jacqueline wrote, trust your instincts. When you put aside any feeling of *needing* this or that (and by a certain time), then you can tap into those instincts and make a decision that will be for your Highest Good and the Highest Good of all concerned.

I'm glad you had such a great day with your parents too. :-)

Amy & the house of cats said...

We agree with eveyone saying not to rush - you will know when it is the right place. It is important that you are comfortable with everything, and it is great that your parents were with to help with things - that way you have others to help think of questions you might not think to ask. We think the place looks like it could be good - but it is not a bad idea to take the time to check it out again.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Well Jacqueline said it far better then I would have said it!!! But that is what I would have said but probably not as elegant!!!
Take your time!!
I have had others that wanted me to post pictures of quilts on my blog. I did when I first started blogging. But there is a lot of new people now so I will soon.
Have a good day, Fern

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

Move there and you will have lots of birds. I can come visit and help Spider and Smudge 'supervise' the birds.... :)


Noir

PS. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Karen Jo said...

I think you are approaching this decision the right way. Take your time and listen to your gut reactions. You will know what is the right choice when the right time comes.