Spider and Smudge

Spider and Smudge
Relax mode, Smudge and Spider Copyright:K J Woodward

The magic of Christmas and the simple gift of friendship.

Wednesday 16th December


We had a reward day yesterday for the children as I mentioned yesterday in my blog. Yes Christmas is at times a drag but at other times it is truly magical. Today was one of those extraordinary days when things just seem to go well.

It began when children in my class started to tell me a very shy and  normally unaccepted child had given out party invitations for them. They also mentioned how chatty she had become. This made me feel all warm and fuzzy as this person had been severely ostracised by the same people she was inviting to her party only weeks ago, wow!!!!
Then there was the water spray, I went around spraying children with water on their faces and necks as it was a little warm, such gorgeous expressions on their faces.
To top it off I organised should I say bribed the children into picking up all the rubbish for lolly snakes and we did not have to spend any extra time cleaning up. And when we got back to school instead of a boring staff meeting we drank wine (not too much, by the way Jenna if you are reading this and I walked heaps at the Cotter). We also had secret Santa gifts and it was hilarious especially stealing gifts off other people, so much laughing.

Magical for Spider and Smudge? I am not sure if it is for Spider but being Smudge’s first Christmas everyday is a new experience and he makes the most of it. Smudge just loves being where Spider is as you can see in the photos, he just inserts himself into a free spot.


No comments: