Spider and Smudge

Spider and Smudge
Relax mode, Smudge and Spider Copyright:K J Woodward

Roast chicken, yoghurt and bath balancing

A difficult day yesterday and as usual the cats help me see things from a new perspective. There are also all the wonderful people who support me day to day and encourage my progress as a teacher and an author. Thank you, thank you, you know who you are.

Went to the shops and bought yoghurt yesterday, as well as other comfort foods like chocolate, roast chicken, red wine. Anyway when I got back we all had some chicken, of course the boys materialised f\rom out of thin air with the scent of chicken.

I read my book for a while, this is the cue for Spider to climb onto my lap for a snuggle which he almost always does without fail. Smudge has not discovered this yet, probably just as well or I would have a cat battle on my lap, not a good thought.

Smudge has however discovered the art of balancing on the edge of the bath, sometimes with a resulting wet tail and feet. Last night he almost fell into the bath and would of if I had not come to his assistance.
Spider used to whack the rubber ducky continuously into the bath, the duck used to quack at him too and he would look at it with a most curious expression on his face.

Last night the cats were one on the bed, snuggled up together and no grumbles from Spider, very unusual really. They looked very cute and it meant I had room for my feet in the bed, hurray!!!

One day at a time. I found writing down what made me grateful about my class has helped me this morning as well as the furry fabulous felines of course.

No comments: