Spider and Smudge

Spider and Smudge
Relax mode, Smudge and Spider Copyright:K J Woodward

Action stations!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Something happened today, something that gave me a burst of energy and an impetus to get moving and surging towards my dream.

Well actually two things happened, I will tell you about the first one here and if you wanna find out about the second one visit my gardening blog.

"Christmas Dinner" the brush turkey was so animated and even though he was massacring my compost area I was enthralled. He talks to me too, clucks a bit like a chicken.


I'm off, just got caught eating yummy stuff. 

I was out there today mowing the area around the house and suddenly the world looked brighter, the grass was greener, the flowers were bursting with colour and I just had to tell the turkey how much I loved him ( No, even though he has that name I would never eat him!!).

So world here I come. Exciting that tommorow I will be following up a contact in regard to setting a good part of my land aside for returning to a natural state and welcoming back the animals that are endemic to this area. And there are grants to help with this possibly too and volunteers!!!

4 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Look at that big bird run! I had no idea they could scoot like that!

Mr Puddy said...

It always be my dream to chasing the chicken in one life time : )
xoxo

Teddy Westlife said...

Landcare. Get into landcare in your local area - they'll help you sort out that land. The state department of environment or whatever they're called up there can help you with grants, but the local landcare group will know all about them.

(this is what the mum does for a living)

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

YAY!! A big hand clap Kara. How incredibly exciting (and very inspirational). You go girl.