Spider and Smudge

Spider and Smudge
Relax mode, Smudge and Spider Copyright:K J Woodward

An emotional day

Our hire car!!!
Hello all,

Yesterday I took my great Aunt very carefully (that is how I drove) to see her brother and his wife (my grandparents, my dads parents).

We got a bit lost finding a cafe to have a cuppa at but thanks to the GPS I was put back on track (the right road that is).

When we arrived I parked the car after my Aunty Betty walked into the house, I heard lots of emotion and saw lots of hugging, my dads brother and his wife were there as well (my Uncle Jack and Maureen, who looks a million bucks, stress suits her apparently).

Then came my turn, I came upon my Uncle Jack first and his wife Maureen, hugs all round as tears threatened to spill over, as I saw my Grandfather I was grasped into a bear hug and everything went misty (just as it is now as i type this), my Grandmother treated to more of the same.
 The afternoon passed with lots of reminising, wedding photos of my cousins, eating chocolates and drinking tea.

To hear my Grandfather declare it was a miracle to see his sister again was magic to hear, also to experience the expessions of gratitude from my Grandfather in regard to his health and today was uplifting. Nevertheless when I retunrned after a short hour long journey to my Aunts place I needed a stiff drink and an early night!!!

Oh and Tiddles is most definitely a girl!!!!

See I told you I was a girl!!!

7 comments:

Keiko said...

Wow, what a superb day it must have been for your Grandfather and your Great Aunt to see each other again. That is so great that you made the day possible and I'm sure you needed that night cap!
Purrrs, Keiko, Kenji, Pricilla & Yuji

Kea said...

That was an amazing day, Kas. No wonder you needed a stiff drink, though. Overwhelming emotion really is exhausting, even when it's happy emotion!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic day!!! So glad you were able to see your grandparents and bring your aunt along with you! Mom totally understands about the stiff drink part!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is so cool, everyone sure had a great reunion!

BeadedTail said...

Sounds like a very special day. It was wonderful you were able to be a part of it as you'll remember it forever!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow what a day! It is so great that so many of you and your family were able to get together while you are there!

Oh, and Hi to Tiddles!